BARLEY STRAW POND TREATMENT KIT 22# BALE
Algae cause a number of problems in water. They impede flow in drainage systems, block pumps, interfere with navigation, fishing and other forms of recreation, cause taint and odor problems in potable waters, block filters and, in some instances, create a health hazard to humans, livestock, and wildlife. The need to control algae is increasing for environmental, recreational, and public health reasons.
The suppression of dense algal growth has allowed flowering plants to recolonize waters which were previously dominated by algae.
Straw treatments may be associated with improved gill function and fish health and vigor.
- Straw should be applied one month before the algae blooms.
- Straw can be applied to ponds, lakes, reservoirs, rivers, and streams.
- Barley Straw works more effectively and for longer periods than wheat or other straws.
- Straw offers a natural and environmentally acceptable way of treating ponds.
EACH KIT INCLUDES:
- Barley Straw
- Mesh Bags
- Tie Downs
- Directions for Application
- Kit treats up to 10,000 sq. ft. of water surface
22 lb bale