Vitamin and mineral nutrition is critical to the dairy animal. From optimizing production and reproductive efficiency to immune support and disease resistance, the appropriate mineral balance and bioavailability of sources provided is important. Requirements for most minerals and vitamins are not constant and are influenced by a number of dietary and physiological factors, such as stage of lactation, animal age, amount of feed consumed, vitamin and mineral contribution of forage base, water source, commodities fed and mineral interactions.
The Fortress Dairy Mineral Program provides a comprehensive line of minerals developed with high bioavailable inorganic mineral sources, delivered in the correct proportions and formulated with the flexibility to meet the unique needs of the high producing dairy cow.
All Fortress dairy mineral products provide the following . . .
- Mineral products are formulated based on forage type fed — legume, partial legume or non-legume forage base; a high-calcium option is also available
- Correctly balanced macro and trace minerals in appropriate amounts and ratios utilizing high bioavailable inorganic mineral sources
- Salt and no salt formulations
- Vitamins A, D and E; portion of vitamin E is supplied from natural-source which research shows is a more bioavailable antioxidant compared with synthetic vitamin E
- Environmentally-conscious formulations which help lessen nutrient excretion, such as phosphorus, in manure
- Palatability is enhanced with specific flavorings to help maintain consistent mineral intake