Cattle Feed Supplement
UREA FEED PRILL is a small diameter, spherical white solid. It is an organic molecule (amide) containing 46% nitrogen in the form of amine groups. UREA is infinitely soluble in water and is a benign and safe chemical to handle.
• The UREA micro-prill is added to cattle feed to boost the protein content. UREA is only a nutrient to animals with rumens that possess the urease enzyme which allows the metabolism of the chemical.
• UREA prill may also be used as a slow release fertilizer. It must be decomposed by microorganisms before it can be assimilated by plants.
• Consult your local fertilizer dealer for fertilizer applications of this product
Transportation, Storage and Handling
• UREA will decompose into ammonia and carbon dioxide at 275o F.
• ALWAYS wash vessels containing UREA thoroughly before attempting repairs requiring welding.
• Should a large spill of UREA micro-prill solution occur, ALWAYS restrict it from the drainage. The high nitrogen content (46%) may kill foliage if not diluted.
• UREA can be handled by the municipal water treatment facility if spilled in a municipality.
• NEVER allow UREA to come in contact with nitric acid. The resulting chemical is unstable and dangerous.