A free-choice vitamin and mineral supplement for beef cattle on pasture to help prevent heat stress during temperatures of 70 degrees and above, or anytime cattle are grazing fescue. Includes IGR (S-Methoprene) to prevent the breeding of horn flies in the manure of treated cattle. *Only available in the following states: AL, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI and WY.
Feed this product to cattle only. When used as directed, this product will provide sufficient S-methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.4 ounces of this product per 100 lbs. of cattle body weight per day, which is equivalent to 4 ounces per day for a 1,000 pound cow.
1. Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients in VitaFerm HEAT IGR by providing them prior to feeding VitaFerm HEAT IGR.
2. This product contains added copper. Do not feed to cattle in close proximity to sheep or other species that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
3. Offer cattle 50 lbs. of VitaFerm HEAT IGR for every 15 head of cattle.
4. Remove all other self limiting nutritional supplements while the cattle are consuming this product.
5. Locate VitaFerm HEAT IGR where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
6. Replenish VitaFerm HEAT IGR on a regular basis as needed.
7. If intake of VitaFerm HEAT IGR is below 0.4 ounces per 100 lbs. cattle body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
8. If intake of VitaFerm HEAT IGR is above 0.4 ounces per 100 lbs. cattle body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change locations(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
9. Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of adult fly population is desired.
Corn Dried Distiller's Grains with Solubles, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, Magnesium Oxide, Potassium Chloride, Dried Cane Molasses, Liquid Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Mineral Oil, Copper Sulfate, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Sodium Selenite, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin E Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D-3 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Ethoxyquin.
Safety Data Sheet: